Welcome! We are a nonprofit organization offering online education to migrant domestic workers and a vibrant community dedicated to women empowerment.
Uplifters is a nonprofit organization offering online education (non-academic courses) to migrant domestic workers.
Our objective is to help female migrant domestic workers make the most of their time abroad, plan and save for the future while developing their personal and professional skills.
We believe in women empowerment to eradicate poverty and in communities supporting themselves – the platform is “by the community, for the community”.
Our online education programs for migrant domestic workers are accessible via smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Our courses are created by experts in their fields and we follow the best teaching practices based on cognitive & behavioral psychology and neurosciences.
- We leverage the power of peer support with cohort-based programs: participants progress as a team and hold each other accountable.
- We connect daily with participants to keep them actively engaged.
- We create step by step education journeys with tangible milestones and make learning fun.
- We follow the “learning by doing” approach: we push participants to act now because change is not something to learn but to experiment.
- Free Empowerment Courses
- Vocational courses – our “Baby care Course” will be launched end of 2018.
No Official Certification Given
All our courses are non academic. Uplifters does not provide official educational certification, accreditation or diplomas recognized by the relevant authorities / bureau for courses offered. Our certificates of completion acknowledge the successful completion of the courses following our grading standards.
We are proud to be supported by:
Discover also our blog The person behind the maid. Read anonymous stories of migrant domestic workers, their dreams and hopes for the future, what they like about their employers and what they don’t like so much.